Keep South Bend Beautiful has many one-time service opportunities, perfect for school, work, family, or fun. Most take place on Saturday mornings from early April through the beginning of November. Most Saturday projects begin at 9:00 a.m. and last anywhere from 3 – 5 hours. KIB projects are kid-friendly unless otherwise stated, so please plan to bring the kids! Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older, or accompanied by an adult. Here are just a few types of projects that need volunteers:
- Planting trees along residential streets and parks
- Beautification and revitalization of communities through planting trees, shrubs and perennials
- Turning vacant lots into pocket parks
- Cleaning up litter in neighborhoods, parks and waterways
- Creating outdoor classrooms on the grounds of local schools
- Weekday projects for groups or individuals are also available!